What sets apart a one-stop locksmith shop from one that may result in frustrating calls? The answer is simple: a large menu of services. A shop that handles home lockouts but doesn’t do car door unlocking forces you to make more calls. Avoid this annoyance by working with the residential locksmith Glen Burnie homeowners keep on speed dial.
Why the Services Menu of a Residential Locksmith Matters
Contacting multiple professionals to handle two or more jobs can be frustrating and time-consuming. You want to call the residential locksmith Glen Burnie area residents know they can count on for multiple tasks. Examples include:
- Opening and changing locks after the loss of a set of keys
- Installing deadbolts and key duplication services ensure that everyone in the family has a set
- Repairing locks that may have undergone damage during renovations or as a result of vandalism
- Car door unlocking and auto smart key duplication to get you back on the road quickly
- Professional advice during a consultation that helps you make smart choices when replacing products
You might wonder why residential Glen Burnie locksmith services should also focus on automotive products. When you consider that most people keep their home and car keys on the same ring, it makes sense. If you lose your home key, you probably also lose access to your vehicle. At this time, you need an expert who can help you with your home and car locks.
Automotive Locks aren’t Problems for the Residential Locksmith Glen Burnie Residents Rely On
Home and car keys are closely connected. Therefore, it makes sense to work with professionals who understand how to work with them. But did you know that the industry standard is moving and changing rapidly? You need experts who keep up to date on the latest in technology.
Case in point is smart key duplication. It requires expertise in transponder programming. This isn’t the kind of product you can take to the local big box hardware store for a quick copy. Experts who handle this sort of project also tackle other jobs such as:
- Programming and reprogramming of remote entry fobs
- Programming dealer chip keys while you wait
- Repairing or replacing keyless remotes
- Replacing vehicle anti-theft system (VATS)
- Providing faster service than a dealership
Building a Working Relationship with the Neighborhood Locksmith for Home Security
Most locksmiths only specialize in helping you if you’re locked out. Some have a shop where you can go to have the technicians cut new keys. However, it’s rare that a locksmith also provides home security services.
That said, it makes sense to do so. Locksmiths understand locks better than anyone else does. As a result, they’re in a good position to offer you an honest evaluation of your residence’s overall security. Because they can point you in the right direction, the experts can also give you a fair cost estimate.
At Pop-A-Lock, our level of expertise enables our technicians to present you with a price range for the services you need. We can help you decide what kind of security upgrades your home needs and begin installing them.